Joining Fee $20
A one-off fee for new members (Senior, Junior, Student or Family), which includes a copy of the published club centenary history.
Adult Member $80
Shall mean any person elected a member of the Club, entitled to all privileges of the club, including the right to vote, hold office and nominate officers and/or members. (18 years or over on 1 August of the sailing season).
Junior Member $35
Shall mean any person elected a member of the Club, who will be under 18 years on 1 August of the sailing season2013, entitled to all privileges of the Club, including the right to vote, hold office and nominate officers and/or members.
Family Membership $150
The intention of family members is for a parenting couple and their junior members.
Yachting Queensland Fees
Under the Racing Rules of Sailing it is mandatory that the person in charge of a boat and any crew member that races in more than 3 races in any one sailing season be a member of a Member Yachting Association (YQ) .
Senior Member $tba
Junior Member $tba
Family Membership $tba
Benefits of joining Yachting QLD/Yachting Australia membership for Individuals:
- Ability to participate in YA sanctioned events and races
- Monthly newsletter ‘Nautical’ for those with electronic access
- Yachting silver Card
- Access to appeals
- Access to Yachting Australia Training Schemes
- Lobbying of State Government Departments to protect the waterways and sailing interests
- Direct links to national and international directors of the sport: the Yachting Australia (YA) and the International Sailing Federation (ISAF)
Dinghy Storage – New members
- $500 for the first boat, payable up front, and if the boat races for at least 1/2 of sailing days (all races not just Championship heats) then $150 of the fee will be refunded at the end of the season.
- Determination of participation in 1/2 of the season will be the sign on book.
- Additional boats $350 for each boat (no refund). There is an expectation that the boat will be sailed at least ½ of the sailing days
Dinghy Storage – Current members (were a member last season)
- Each boat is $350 to store at the club (no refund). There is an expectation that the boat will be sailed at least ½ of the sailing days
- Usage of boats stored at the club will be reviewed at the Christmas break (and at the end of the season). Owners of stored boats not being used on half of the sailing day will be contacted to determine if they intend to be more regularly used in the second half of the season if not they will be asked to remove the boat.
- Fulfilment of volunteering roles at the club (i.e. starter, finishers, rescue boat) will count as part of the participation in 50% of the sailing days.
All boat storage fees include pre paid race fees.
Sail Racing Fees
- Individual fees of $10 on casual per race basis are available or a discounted season race fees of $150 are available.
- Approximately 80% of these fees are returned in trophies. If you attend on at least six occassions, you will be eligible for an end of season trophy.