On behalf of the Club Management team, I would like to wish you and your family a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
What is happening around the Club?
· If you are like me, you would have been glued to your television set on Boxing Day; unless you are Leanne Brown (previous President) who was in Sydney to send her son Simon off on hockey jerseys his third Sydney to Hobart. She then flew to Hobart to meet him at the other end. Long time member, Merrill Turpin was also in Hobart. It sounded like a very difficulty race.
· At this point it is too early for Australian Championships to start filtering through, but if you are interested, keep checking the National Association pages each day for race results.
· John Stannard is now working in Townsville, we need someone to take over Friday School Sailing which you do get paid for. You need a boat driver’s licence, plus some skills in sailing.
<span lang=”EN-GB” Wholesale NFL Jerseys style=”font-family: symbol;”>· Bill Rochaix taken over as secretary from John Stannard from January.
· The New Transition to Racing course is starting this year. We have had a number of people express interest, but still have vacancies.
·<span style=”font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘times new ray bans sale roman’;”> Thursday guys have doing a great job keeping the club boats sailing. The Committee suggested to one of their leaders (David Sherwood), that they should have a Christmas beer/rum on the club. David thought that they would prefer their tea & cake. He has now been educated.
· Good to see some National championship sailing results featured in the week-end newspapers.
· The NS14 National championship has been sailed in Canberra with the new Champions being Mark Thorpe & Emma Rankin. Perennial winner Peter Vaiciurgis did not sail – so I expect him to feature in the Heron Nationals.
· By the time we resume sailing, the Sailing Committee (Nev, Trevor, Andrew, Robert & any members with an interest) should have met to present recommendations to the members on changes to the sailing instructions. Initial discussion points include the RMD (being awarded points for rescue boat duties during a race), the point scoring system, and the Transition to racing program).
·<span style=”font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: Play&Court normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘times new roman’;”> Obviously the Bumper Cross-word puzzle was too easy, only had one request for help. For those of you that do not want to admit defeat, I have attached the answers.
· Long time member (and infrequent sailor) James Mackay and his wife Katherine Feeney welcomed their first child in December.
· Sally Colley & Myles Tait welcomed a boy on Christmas Day. Another redhead to the collective.
· As you can see from the pictures on the side, the Clubhouse floor has been varnished. It looks really good, and we have now added this to the sinking fund to be done each five years.
With no race to report on, I thought I would review the season so far.
· Adam Humphries, James Brandt & Robert Preston reviewed the sailing computer system, and implemented ScoreIT, which allows instantaneous publishing on results.
· The same team also reviewed & implemented a new process of booking club hire boats, plus registering for races.
· Robert has also taken on the role of Race Secretary and has been getting deeply involved in the sailing side.
· Electric hand-dryers were installed in all the toilets
·<span style=”font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: Cheap china Jerseys normal; font-family: ‘times new roman’;”> The on-going reason for our issues with our toilets not working properly has been identified, and we have been seeking assistance from Council & Brisbane Water.
· More fans were installed into the hall
· The clubhouse suffered significant damage in the storm that hit West End in February 2015.
· Our claim for damage to the hall floor was approved, and repairs have been effected
· Our claim for damage to the roof was approved, and we are hoping to repairs to commence in January
· We are looking to a grant for the replacement of the windows, and also for some method to stop the berries and leaves getting into them gutters
30-Jan: Season resumes
06-Feb: Fun Racing
13-Feb: Fun Racing
20-Feb: Fun Racing
27-Feb: Wine & Cheese after racing
This newsletter is a work of fiction, and any resemblance to reality is a mere coincidence.
Alex Glauerdt is another of our volunteers. She manages our membership list and registers those members who wish to also join Yachting Queensland.
Holly Norman finished the sailing school in the previous season, and then volunteered to ray bans sale manage the school when Anita stood down.
Pictures of the newly recoated floor